The Vail Jazz Foundation perpetuates jazz music — the American-original art form — through entertainment and education. We create memorable experiences for the young and young-at-heart at nearly 100 concerts each year, as well as education programs serving the students of Eagle County and the top high school jazz musicians in the country. Working for Vail Jazz is a unique opportunity to be a part of a true team, to serve up joy to neighbors near and far, and to grow a career through real responsibility, measurable impact, and broad exposure to the operation of a nonprofit organization.
The Marketing Manager position encompasses all aspects of the marketing role in a small non-profit. The selected candidate will be accountable for the successful completion of marketing projects ranging from collateral production to traditional and digital advertising, website architecture and updates (including management of vailjazz.org), branding/graphic design elements, social media management, sponsorship fulfillment, and communications with the intention to grow brand awareness, drive development revenue and ticket event sales.
- Proficiency with Google Apps, Microsoft Suite, and Adobe Suite. Working knowledge of CSS, HTML, WordPress, Illustrator and photo/video editing software are required.
- Understanding prioritization of project load on different marketing roles, such as design and content, digital ads and reporting, copywriter, public relations, website developer, management of photographers and videographers, print advertisers and publishers
- Thrive in a fast-paced, fun environment contributing to team success through collaboration
- Detail-oriented entrepreneur with the ability to see all projects through to completion with competing deadlines and demands
- Strategic and tactical planning in adherence to budget, timelines, and organizational metrics
- Primary responsibilities include design of collateral (ads, org pieces, program book, banners), content and placement deliverables, virtual communication schedule, website development, mailers, branding, and advertising schedules
- Set and execute schedule of all advertising and marketing communication in print, digital, social and website for festival information, ticket sales, and donor activities
- Support of the development team, create and execute all email blasts, direct mail and social/digital campaigns aimed at revenue generation
- Work with vendors to execute all determined photography & video assets, and collect, review, edit (as necessary), and organize all assets for current and future uses.
- Gather materials & assets to create internal collateral (organization pieces, program book, annual report, etc.). Assist in the production of all Board & Committee meeting materials, community & sponsor presentations
- Create and manage a community outreach plan (property concierges, business owners, public figures, etc.) that drives awareness of the Vail Jazz mission and associated events
- Well-developed project management skills and attention to detail
- Graphic design and basic website developer skills
- Social media management generating revenue through owned content
- Ability to engage diverse stakeholders in compelling verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure and practice patience in a busy environment
- Previous marketing experience with a focus on collateral design and virtual performance delivery a plus.
Reports to: Director of Development
Direct Reports: None
Primary Objective: Design and develop, organize and administer all marketing initiatives for the Vail Jazz Foundation.
Weekly Schedule outside of Festival Season:
- Monday – Friday 9a-5p
During Festival Season:
- July- Early September will require attendance some nights and weekends
- Must be present for 20+ Festival performances and the Vail Jazz Party (7 day period surrounding Labor Day)
- Note: this job may require lifting up to 50lbs, exposure to weather such as sunshine and rain, long stretches standing and walking, the ability to react to auditory and visual stimuli and long shifts with unscheduled breaks and meals.
Key Characteristics: Self-accountable, responsible, creative, detail-oriented, resourceful and comfortable in high-energy, changing environments
Please send your resume and cover letter to HR@vailjazz.org
Application Deadline: 12/9/2020